In no particular order, the following are 10 amazing places to get dessert around North Carolina. Go out and support one of these awesome businesses!
1. Porter Farms: Pick some strawberries while you’re there, they’re delicious too! (Willow Spring Area)
2. NC State Campus: The yummy NC State ice cream brand is Howling Cow. It got so popular around Raleigh that they started selling it at Harris Teeter! (Raleigh Area)
3. Sunset Slush: Don’t let the little cinderblock building fool you, this place is anything but old news!(Garner Area)
4. Sunni Sky’s: Yes, the line is always out the door. Yes, the ice cream is worth the wait!(Willow Spring Area)
5. Smith Farm: Their Butter Pecan ice cream is to die for! You can pick up produce and ice cream all in one place. (Coats Area)
6. Gillis Hill Farm Ice Cream Shop: Calling all my fellow military families, this one is for you if you’re in NC! You might wanna pet the goats AFTER you eat. (Fayetteville Area)
6. Gillis Hill Farm Ice Cream Shop: Tiny ice cream truck, but big flavor. Watch the planes take off while you indulge. (Fayetteville Area)
6. Gillis Hill Farm Ice Cream Shop: Family owned and fresh from the farm. A perfect spot to get ice cream during exam week for ECU students. (Fayetteville Area)
9. Lazy Jacks Ice Cream Shack: Perfect for beach goers and Seahawk students!(Wilmington Area)
10. Krazy Kones: There aren’t any calories if you have to walk around the boardwalk to get your ice cream! (Carolina Beach Area)
Do you know of an incredible dessert place that isn’t on my list? Be sure to let me know! Everyone loves to fill their sweet tooth.
The businesses mentioned in the article above were complimented as a result of their product, not due to any commission.